Thursday, April 7, 2011

Breakfast or Snack | Citrus Blast Smoothie


I've been hit hard this month with a bad case of strep throat. In fact I've had the virus two times in the last three weeks! Two different times going to the Dr's and two different prescriptions. NO FUN if you ask me! So I've decided to up my vitamin C intake with a yummy Citrus Smoothie. My four most favorite foods in the whole wide world are: Sweet Potatoes, Avocado, Grapefruit and frozen Jr. Mints (yes you read that right, frozen Jr. Mints... best treat in the world! Try it, I know you'll like it!)

Whole Living says, "As you might have guessed, grapefruits are full of vitamin C, a major antioxidant that helps fight infection, may shorten the duration of colds, and protects against free radicals."

Read more at Wholeliving.com: Power Foods: Grapefruit 

So with that tid bit of knowledge I knew it was time to indulge in one of my top favorites. And nothing feels better on a sore throat than a nice cool slushy drink! I hope you try it and like it! 

Juice from one orange (or you can throw the whole thing in, it's up to you!)
1 whole Grapefruit peeled
2 handfuls of Spinach
5 ice cubes

Blend all ingredients but ice cubes in blender until smooth. Add ice cubs and blend to desired slushy. Pull out a straw and sip away to citrus heaven!

No comments: